Monday, June 6, 2016

One year mark this week!!!

Hello Mommy! I love you so much! I got my box and I LOVED everything!!! My Easter/Valentines one year stuff! Thank you so much!!! 
I got a box from home celebrating my ONE YEAR mark on my mission!

Well it was my first week back in Bell and wow we've been busy!! My companions name is Hermana Lucas and she is the best. We knew each other before and just being comps in our first week has been a blast. Our area covers the other half of the Bell Gardens ward which is Bell, Cudahy, and Maywood! It's so different from my last area, in LA it's so much quieter.. Kind of nice! Getting back to the STL life has been an adventure, we've had some wild experiences and we've been moving nonstop but it's the best. We have a family that we are teaching who we have been focusing our efforts on, Marta, Juan and Jose. We had the wonderful opportunity take them to the Visitors Center on Saturday and had a powerful lesson and committed he whole family to be baptized on June 19th!!!! It was so cool.
At the LA Temple Visitor's Center with our investigators!

Another cool miracle started when I wasn't here, last Sunday a couple came to the ward and they were both from Spain, looking for the church. It turns out the couples names were Jennifer and Fernando and they are here in LA staying for a while and Fernando is a less active, his fiancée, Jennifer is really interested in the gospel so we have been seeing and teaching her like everyday! She's amazing. We had the idea to bring my recent convert, Jennifer Lopez and her husband Matthew to a lesson with Jennifer, because it turns out that both Jennifer's are named Jennifer, are pregnant AND are both around 19 years old. It was so cool seeing Jennifer testify of the truthfulness of these things with our investigator, Jennifer, my heart was SO full!!!! 
ALSO Hermana Lucas' 20th bday was on Sunday so it was really exciting and all the members showed their love by filling us with food and cake. Our investigators, Juan, Marta and Jose surprised her when we showed up for our lesson with food, cake, a present and the Mexican "mañanitas song" it was so funny! We ended the fiesta with a powerful lesson on the Book of Mormon and they are all excited to read it. Sunday was the best!!!!  Seeing all my peeps in the Bell Gardens ward made my heart so full! This ward has a special piece of my heart and seeing their joyous faces happy to see me again and me happy to see them made me so excited! I feel like it really was a teeny piece of how it's gonna be in the Celestial kingdom, seeing all the people that you served with, loved, helped etc. The sisters here in the ward have been working really hard in the ward and there have been several baptisms in the last 6 months!
 
Yea!! I get to see Hna. Castillo (my previous companion) who is still in our old area of Bell Gardens!!!

My new companion Hna. Lucas!  It was her birthday this week!
Another really cool thing has been working closely with President Weidman again! Hermana Lucas and I, had the privilege of being a part of a small counsel with him and the AP's about something miraculous that we're going to be doing this transfer, called "Charity Transfer". This whole transfer we're going to focus on the Christlike attribute of Charity and focus every week on a key indicator and how we can make our areas improve and exceed the goals we have, to really make the focus of the transfer not on the changes that are happening in the misdion(new mission president etc) but on Charity and to make this transfer the best we've ever had! I hit my 1-year mark this coming week and it's kind of unreal. 1 year of being a missionary!!! I'm gonna celebrate it by working hard. There are so many more things I want to write but the time is so short, but know that God is aware of you and loves you and he knows where you need to be and what you need to be doing! I've learned that with all the change during a mission can be hard but in the end, if you love the people and have a desire to serve them, then it's all the same!!!!! Love you all!!!! Xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment