Tuesday, June 14, 2016

"Charity Transfer Man!"

Wow! I don't really know where to start but this week has been one of the greatest weeks of my mission. 

   Like I mentioned last week, our mission has started something called "Charity Transfer" where we are focusing on increasing our key indicators with the motivation being charity. This last week we had a special focus on inviting boldly and with charity everyone to be baptized. All of our trainings, studies, etc. have been about how we can do this. The miracles are countless and as for Hermana Lucas and I and our area, we were able to witness the most amazing miracles. Marta, Juan and Jose had plans to be baptized on June 19th and we were working towards that day, but on Thursday we went over and taught them and they told us that the 19th wasn't going to work out because Marta had plans to go to Mexico, so then they suggested we push it up and to get ready for them to be baptized that Sunday. We couldn't believe it!!!!! We taught everything, got the baptism ready and on Sunday they entered the waters of baptism. It was the best thing to be able to see how God had prepared their hearts for the gospel and as we talked about the promised blessings of baptism and showed charity there was no need to wait. Sister Lucas and I were also able to be witnesso a wedding!!!!! With Jennifer and Fernando, the couple we were teaching, we had been making daily contact with them and on we ended up teaching Jennifer the law of chastity. That next day at night, we actually received a call from Jennifer that she wanted to know how her and Fernando could get married!!!! So we figured it out and that next day we went with an hermana in the ward, Hermana Osorio, and went to get their marriage license. They were married on Saturday and Jennifer is preparing to be baptized in the next couple of weeks. I know that Charity has everything to do with the miracles that are occurring in our area. I have felt the Savior's love more abundantly in my life as I've tried to develop that love for everyone we come in contact with. Its amazing what love for the Savior will lead people to do, whether its get married to live God's commandment or to get baptized earlier to follow his way sooner. I know with all my heart that this work is true and the Lord is watching over us at all times and is encouraging us always to follow his way as soon as possible. 

"Charity never faileth"

I love you all so much. Have a charity filled week!!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Abreu 
Exchanges with Sister Morrison


Jennifer and Fernando's wedding


Pictures of Marta and Juan's baptism


Picture reunited with my mini me 

My 1-year mark deco

No comments:

Post a Comment