Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Bike life...and it's still so HOT!

Hello Family!!!! I hope your week has been great!!!!
That is so cool that you went out with the missionaries! Wow mom you are so awesome. Blessings are going to be poured out over our family for all the hard work you do. I know it. 
Woo! What a week! Where do I even start? This week has been one of those really long weeks, probably because it is crazy hot. It's still so hot. Looking forward to the end of October when everything cools down a bit. Hahaha this week we also had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and Sister Franks came to our area and Sister Evans left. It was a struggle because for a week now I have been following Sister Evans on bike but now I was the one leading the way :) I survived! Exchanges were awesome though :)  Sister Franks is an amazing missionary and I learned a lot from her. This whole week we have been having dinner with members and almost every time it turns out to be a party for someone so we've been to about 4 parties this week haha I'm also having to adjust to having carne asada, con frijoles y arroz (tortillas--can't forget that) about every night dinner. I can't complain though. By the time we get to someone's house for dinner after the day is finishing I am just so tired that it is the most appetizing thing ever. 
Me and Sister Franks on exchanges!
 

Fiestas with Coca-Cola!


 
This week we found a new investigator named Lilianna! She's awesome. We've really tried to find people who are prepared because a lot of our investigators don't have a desire to come to church which makes them getting baptized a lot harder. We've had like 3 lessons with her in 3 days, she is super interested and has a ton of questions but just like a lot of people she doesn't understand why she needs to be baptized because she has already been baptized in the Catholic Church. We're excited to continue working with her! Our other investigator Julia is so sweet! We invited her to the General Women's Broadcast but last minute she said she couldn't make it. We are hopefully going to the Visitors Center with her this week, we know she's gonna get baptized, she just has to take a few more steps and she's there! 
 
The other night Sister Evans and I were biking and a little chihuahua chased us and bit her foot! Somehow when I came by the dog, it didn't touch me. Luckily it wasn't too bad of a bite but she says now she can officially be "a missionary" hahaha. It was super sad the other day when we were biking my planner fell out of my bike.... It's sad because my missionary planner is my life it had everything I had taken notes of, potentials, investigators etc. all my hard work for the whole first week of Bell Gardens -and it's just gone. Luckily I have another one but that was a bit sad. :( #bikelife
Bike Life!!!
 
I would have to say the best part of the week was the General Women's Broadcast. I just LOVED the beautiful music and of course Dieter F. Uchdorf's talk. It was just so true. Everything. It is all about our attitude. And it really is through faith, hope, and love that we can have that optimistic outlook for every single thing that happens in our life. If we are anchored in Christ, really we cannot go astray! It's so comforting to hear the words of our apostles and I am so excited for General Conference. Something else that really has helped me this past week were words from a brother in our ward. Elder Cordovas actually used to be a member of the seventy and he is a member of the bishopric in the ward. He's awesome and very insightful! The other day he was talking to Hna. Evans and I about a talk by Elder Oaks talking about real growth. He mentioned something that stood out to me. In whatever situation we are in we need to just think, how can I grow from this? Because when we go through trials, endure them well, and make it to the other side.... we grow from it. That really is the purpose of them, to make us stronger. I know that every hard time, heartache, tough experience is all for my growth. Whenever I feel weak or inadequate I know I have Heavenly Fathers help. I've received that help especially though the comfort of the Holy Ghost. We go through what we go through to be able to grow and we receive so many blessings when we endure it well and positively like President Uchdorf mentioned! I am so grateful for the counsel of latter day prophet and apostles. I invite you all to really listen to the words of the prophet and apostles this weekend, I know that something they say will be able to touch your heart and help you with whatever you're struggling with.
I love you family! Happy 4th Birthday to my Ryker Tirso!!!!!! Send him loves and kisses on his special day :) Talk to you next week xoxoxo les quiero muchisimo!!!!!!!!
Con Amor, Hermana Abreu
Hermana Evans and I with our elotes (mine was all eaten)

Me, Hermana Evans, Hna. Perez and Hna. Franks

Hno.Ruiz, Elmer---we saw them while biking and they were headed to go home teaching, and we took a picture of them because they looked like missionaries

Dinner with the Hidalgo family at a cute mexican place with amazing mole!

Hermana Evans!

The yummy mole!
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment