Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Happy 1st Week of October!

Happy 1st week of October!!! What an amazing week filled with revelation galore! We started the week with our zone conference on Wednesday which asalways, was great. It's so great to be able to receive training on howto become better missionaries :) it's like a spiritual missionary recharge.
Us with the Cordovas family and Bishop Flores and his wife :)



General Conference truly was amazing!!! We watched it at the church building on both Saturday and Sunday but on Saturday we went to the Cordovas and the obispo and his wife also came for lunch and dinner, so we watched the afternoon session with them in their home. For lunch they cooked seviche....which I ate gladly but it had fish and shrimp with a lime-cilantro sauce, everything I strongly dislike hahaha but I can never complain :) It was cool to watch conference with them
because Elder Cordovas was a member of the seventy and it was funny to hear his reaction and prediction of the new apostles. I very much enjoyed the 3 new apostles testimonies. I truly know that they are called by God to be new members of the Quorum of the Twelve. I sympathized with them when they said how inadequate they felt to be called to fill that position, many times I feel that way to be called as a missionary. I feel as if something so sacred and special such as the work of salvation shouldn't be handed to me but I am reminded of the scripture that I also have chosen to "ponderize" this week ;) :  "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak
things become strong unto them." (Ether 12:27) I know that God really does work through us and he doesn't expect us to be perfect. I know that if we really just put all our trust in Him, especially when it
comes to what we lack, then he really does make up the difference. And it was so comforting to hear the new apostles speak and hear their humility. Like they all said, the work is not about me or them but about God's children and bringing them to Him. There were so many things that touched my heart that I don't have time enough to mention but just as you mom, I really enjoyed Jeffrey R.
Hollands talk. That one really tugged at my heart as I'm sure it did yours. I can't thank you enough for loving me and just raising me how you have. As we've talked about before, the love that a mother has can't really be defined in a "I love you" or can't really be enough but somehow Elder Holland got it pretty close to how a mother might feel, truly comparing it to the pure love of Christ. I also loved the
talk given by Russell M. Nelson talking about the important and vital role that women do have on this earth and in the church. My heart is full of gratitude to those wonderful, wise men called of God to lead and guide the church. I especially feel grateful to President Thomas S. Monson who as we could see gives on the podium give his all, physically, spiritually, and mentally to the Lord and this church. I also among many others, wanted to help him stand up but I am so glad he was able to make it through the talk.

Besides the spiritual feast with General Conference and everything, it's been a little less this week as far as appointments. Sister Evans has been sick with a bad cold and so we've stayed in a few days to
make sure she gets better. We did meet a really cool family! The mom Suleima has two really
adorable kids, one named Karla and another Brianna who's 2 :) we had a first lesson with them and it was so sweet how their whole family was gathered together, even her husband, Carlos. I just pictured this sweet family and all the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for them :)

Continuing the bike life haha this week I had a flat tire and didn't notice until later and there were a couple other minor things to fix but an Hno. in the ward is getting it all fixed up. Luckily these past
few days have cooled off a bit and it's starting to feel a bit like fall :) there are pumpkins and Halloween things in the stores which makes me think of everybody at home. What is everyone thinking about being? :)

I love you all and I hope that something at General Conference touched your heart -and like Henry B. Eyring said if you felt impressed to change something's to become a better disciple of Christ. Do it. I
love this gospel. I've never received a stronger witness that it is the true restored church of Jesus Christ. Press forward with faith!
Love,
Hermana Abreu

No comments:

Post a Comment