Monday, September 14, 2015

I am getting transferred! Bell Gardens, Huntington Park (Spanish speaking area)

 
Hello Mommy and Papi! Love you both! Hope you have had a great week! :) It looks like it was so funnn! With the bday festivities! I am glad Nana felt loved. Tell her Happy belated bday and I love her! (I can't really say it myself because I don't believe she e-mails) hehe. They better not be treating sweet Selle like a slave over there. It really may not be worth the money haha like it wasn't for me, especially with those darn holidays rolling up! I am excited to hear all about Giselle at BYU-I. Plus I know Nancy and Shelby maybe Kali will be there? I don't know there tracks. Danie told me that Riley is coming home near the beginning of December!!! Yayyyyy <3
P.s.---With Sister Grasinger, it was a funny story actually. We were in that neigborhood, trying a few potentials one person didn't answer the door so we decided to tract the one beside it, for the heck of it when we did, it was Sister Grasinger! The funny thing is that we cover two different wards and the area we were tracting was not in the Crestridge ward boundaries, which is the one Sister Grasinger is in! Hahaha it was so funny and very unexpected! She is awesome :) I am glad she sent it to you, it was all her idea. :)
Picture Sis. Grasinger took and sent to my Mom!
 
Soooo this week has been an unexpected series of events, transfer calls were last night and unexpectedly, I am getting transferred! I am going to Bell Gardens, Huntington Park. It is a Spanish area.....and a bike area! Oh joy! The time has come. I am actually a lot calmer than I thought I would be. I am excited but also a little stressed with everything. Plus Sister Baek has shown me some battle scars and wounds from her biking transfer. EEEP However I know that of course, there are people waiting for the gospel and the joy that it brings, over there! The funny thing is that on Sunday, the Lunada Bay ward asked me to speak on in sacrament meeting. It was the first time I had actually introduced myself to the whole ward and just when I start to love the members and get to know their names, BAM transfers happen. Haha. Sister Baek and I have been busy busy busy this preparation day getting ready. My new companion is going to be Sister Evans and I am excited to get to know her. Finally I will get back into the groove of the espanol. I am looking forward to being back with my peeps, the Hispanic people!! hehehe I have noticed 9/10 times, when we talk to Latino people on the street they immediately stop and listen and will have a desire to have a lesson with us and want to know more. They are just so open and humble!
 
It was super sad this week because our investigator, Lisa had plans to really come to church on Sunday, but once again her health got her down :( She is just soooo awesome! We recommitted her to baptism on October 10th ( because she wasn't going to make her other baptismal date, because she hasn't been able to come to church) and she is just so excited because October 10th is her fathers birthday and October 11th is her mothers birthday so she'll be baptized and confirmed on those days. She expressed how much she is looking forward to entering the temple and doing baptisms for both her parents (they passed away within months of each other). She always tells us she is just so excited for the day when she can call herself a Mormon! Hahaha she really makes it all worth it. 

We visited Chuck the other day, and he just keep getting caught up with little questions that we try to resolve but he just continues to have more and more. We invited him to church, and at first he declined but then he heard I was speaking and then said he wanted to go. It was cool because the topic I was given for my talk was on "Understanding and Recognizing the Spirit" which is exactly what Chuck has difficulty with, with him being a retired lawyer and engineer and all. We continue to help him understand that his testimony and conversion of the restored gospel will eventually have to come from a feeling, because that is how the Holy Ghost works. I hope some part of my talk touched his heart. 
 
Once again, it is hard to leave another area but I know the Lord has plans for me in Bell Gardens. I am excited for what's ahead. A new adventure awaits. It is crazy that amidst transfer craziness, I just feel calmed. I really know that its Heavenly Father guiding me and helping me and assuring me that there really is nothing to worry about. I can feel His presence every day on the mission and I know even more that He is watching over you guys as you go about your work and school. I love you more than words could ever say. Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ and endure to the end and ye shall have eternal life!!!! Hasta la proxima semana!!!! I know this was shorter than normal but talk to you soon! 

-Hermana Abreu 



 
 Me being overjoyed with being done with the 12-week missionary training


Gorgeous view from a member's house! 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Really good pizza place, called BLAZE we enjoyed it a lot, as you can tell!



 Sister Baek with her cardigan over her head because she was just done for the day and was frustrated with a lesson we had because the member wouldn't stop talking hahahaha!!!

Picture with Rachel and Becca Whitaker, awesome members in the ward (currently at BYU-I) both waiting to go on their missions (Rachel-Mongolia, Becca-Cleveland, Ohio) :)

103 degress. It has been so hot this week. SO . HOT.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment