Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Busy, busy week!!

Hi Mom!!! Looks like you had a great week!!!! I have heard all about the Super Bowl around here but I do not know much about the outcome of the game. Oh man, that is hilarious that you all made a party out of it!!! Giselle is right though, we have never been a super bowl family but hey I am all about it!!! :) Hehe!
 
Busy busy week, but a fantabulous week! This week we had exchanges for the first time this transfer and we also got a mini missionary for the weekend! 
On Wednesday, I went on a 24-hour exchange with Sister Heller, a sister that has been out for about 3 transfers now and is training a brand new missionary. I met so many awesome recent converts that they have taught in her area and was able to uplift her and help her out! Especially, since I was where she is about a transfer ago. It was so much fun, I loved getting to know her and to work in her area. I learned so much from her, especially about how to be hopeful and diligent. EXCHANGES ARE MY FAVORITE! :)
On exchanges with Sister Heller

 
We had an awesome ZTM meeting on Friday and later that evening we got our mini missionary! The funny thing is that our mini missionary was Aurora Pacheco, from the Pacheco family in Bell Gardens, my old ward. It made my heart so full to be able to have her as our mini missionary and to see the Pacheco's again! We had so much fun together as we laughed, and worked and had so many great lessons over the weekend. We got to visit one of our investigators, Fatima who's only sixteen, who's been struggling a lot but because Aurora was there, she was able to really relate to her and we were able to recommit her to baptism for February 28th! 


Our mini missionary; Sister Pacheco :)

 
 
As we have been diligent in our efforts this week, Heavenly Father has been blessing us with a few families to teach. Last week we got a call from a ward mission leader in Washington who has family here in LA. His non-member ex-wife and children, live not too far from us so he called us to see if we could visit them. We then got in touch with his 16-year old daughter to try and visit their family but she told us that her mom was actually in the hospital, recovering from a big surgery so this week we were able to go to the hospital and to visit her. The Elders were able to give her a blessing and she was so willing and open to them coming. The spirit was so strong as the Elders gave her a beautiful blessing of health and comfort! We have plans to visit the family this week and hopefully to start teaching the mom, once she recovers! We also got a referral from the Elders in the English area for a family who speak more Spanish than they do English, so we actually went by to go see them last night and they are so amazing. We started teaching the mom, Angie and as we got to know her, her husband, Christian came in with a bunch of groceries, put them away quickly, pulled up a chair and sat and listened in. We are so excited to start teaching them, especially because this young family has also been going through some tough trials with their 5-year old daughter who has had some medical problems! It is just so amazing to see how these families are going through these trials but still keep the faith and they have no greater desire than to come to closer to Christ. I continue to thank my Heavenly Father for the miracles that have been happening and for the opportunity that I have to be here on my mission to witness them all. I love my comp, Sister Moli, she is THE BEST! I have learned so much from her, and I continue to love her more and more! I couldn't have asked for a better companion.
 
With our investigators, Carmen and Isabella
 
We're excited but a little bit anxious for this next week because of everything we have going on, tomorrow we have a Sister Meeting that only happens once every year, where all the sister missionaries for the California Los Angeles mission gather together and have basically a zone conference for just the sisters. Sister Moli and I were asked to do the training we did for the MLC for that and to do a training for a new missionary orientation on Wednesday. Amidst this we have exchanges and some awesome appointments with these families! Crazinessssss but I love it!!!!! 
In preparation for the Sister Meeting, they gave us a study to do on humility/pride. Its something I truly have been thinking about over the past day and its been cool to study in the scriptures the blessings that come from true humility, submitting our will to Gods. As me and my comp have talked about it, we kept reflecting about the times in our missions where we were frustrated, angry or overwhelmed at our comps, our areas, transfers, lessons, everything...and we talked about how if at those points we would have been humble and understood that everything that we have gone through is the way that its supposed to be, those moments would have turned out differently and we would have been happy and accept everything as blessings/milestones from our Heavenly Father to make us stronger. 
 
Everytime Sister Moli and I get frustrated at someone or something, we keep ourselves in check... "HUMILITY HUMILITY IS KEY" Hahaha I really do know that. If there is one very important Christlike attribute that I have learned here in my 8 months of my mission is that humility is the way that we can be happy. I love you all! As President Weidman always reminds us, Stay humble! Helaman 3:35 :)
I love you alllllll!!!! Have a wonderful week!!!! 
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Abreu 

No comments:

Post a Comment