Monday, January 11, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope it was wonderful! Derek sent me a few pictures of the festivities! :)
Ours was wonderful, we were in our apartment by 6pm to stay safe from any crazy borrachos ;) However I probably didn't actually go to sleep until 12pm because of the partying that went on, I heard laughing and singing and fireworks all night, here in Bell Gardens, the parties never end.
This week we had exchanges and the wondeful and fantabulous SISTER VINCENT came to our area and it was a grand ol' time. Because we were out of miles for a car, we spent the day biking and oh I have missed it! It was so much fun! Sister Vincent absolutely loved it and the weather was so beautiful so it was so enjoyable. Exchanges are my favorite because you learn so much from other missionaries, different approaches to teaching, planning and contacting. Truly an exchange that I shall never forget. 
It has also been a rollercoaster of emotions kind of week, due to our investigator Norma. We had a miraculous event, with Norma deciding to be baptized early this week for January the 3rd, this past Sunday. We were so excited and ready for her to take this step to baptism. However due to some WoW issues, she wasn't able to be baptized, so it was hard, especially because we were just so excited. But I have come to understand the Lord's timing and have truly come to trust Him, whenever things don't go exactly as planned. As I was studying, the scripture in Alma 36:3, came to mind. "...for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions." 
So many wonderful things are happening in Bell Gardens! As we trust in God, and trust His timing, we will be comforted to know that all will work out. I hope that your week, and especially your year is filled with tender mercies of the Lord. I am excited to make this year of 2016 on my mission, the best. Keep on trusting in the Lord and His timing, and it will always be well. 
All is well, all is well!
Love you family! 
-Hermana Abreu 
Went to the Visitors Center, twice this week!!! :) 
One of our Visitor Center trips this week!

Me and Sis. Vincent on exchanges!

Visitors Center again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment