Monday, January 18, 2016

Happy MLK Day!!!!

Happy MLK Day!!!
This week has been a great last week of the transfer!
Jennifer's Baptism!!!
Yesterday, Jennifer was baptized!!! It was so wonderful. Her husband Matthew, was able to baptize her and the baptismal service was so great!!! As always, there was a bit of opposition. There was a bit of a miscommunication with the font filler and filling the font but the Lord worked it out to where it was all filled perfectly in time for the baptism! The room was filled with all her loved ones and she was glowing. It was so awesome to see the smile on her face, and I knew that her Father in Heaven was smiling right there with her. Soon after the baptism, Sunday night, we got transfer calls....
  And it turns out I'm leaving to be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Moli in the city of LA!!!!!! (Not quite sure yet, but in the city for sure) They just opened up the area about a transfer ago! I'm so excited!!! but of course, a bit sad to leave my home of Bell Gardens, filled with laughs and cries, moments of frustration and joy. Biking every street in the hot sun or hearing the non-stop ice cream truck going around its usual route, the hugs and kisses from lovable, welcoming members. Bittersweet but mostly sweet because I look forward to meeting new people and experiencing new things! 
 
It turns out they are combining the two areas of Bell Gardens, so there will now be only one companionship of sisters in BG. So Sister Morrison will finish her training in a trio with Sister Vincent and Sister Christiansen in Bell Gardens!! They're shutting down our apartment so we have today to get all of it cleaned out and packed up, oh so FUN! Hehe so we have been busy with that. I can't even believe we're nearing the end of January!! Time goes by so quickly!!! On Wednesday, there is going to be a special missionary broadcast that will be shown to every single missionary serving, all over the world, I'm so stoked! I'm looking forward to what miracles the Lord has in store in this new area and this next transfer, especially as we hear the counsel of Elder Oaks and other apostles. 
 
I was thinking a little bit about it this week and I feel like sometimes as missionaries we work so hard and focus all our energy for an investigator to be baptized and we pray harder than we ever have in our entire lives and we fast more earnestly for our investigators to be able to make it to the waters of baptism.....and they get baptized!!!! And we then think.... What's next?? What's to be done next???? And it makes me think of a scripture in D&C 18--
 
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! 
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
 
The joy that I felt, seeing one of God's children get baptized was inexplicable but to think how many more are seeking this same joy, and how much joy we feel when many are found and brought to the knowledge of the truth! There is so much work to be done, if we are to bring MANY souls unto Christ! 
I know God loves His children. I've felt that love so strongly this week. I love being a missionary!
I hope you all remember how much your Heavenly Father loves you this week!!!  
Love you!!!! Have a wonderful week!!!!! 
Talk to you pronto! 
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Abreu 
p.s--more pics of the baptism to come 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment