Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Prayer Works!

Happy Monday! Love you! How are you doing?? It looks like Genevieve's baptism and her Skateland birthday party was a success! Everyone looked so beautiful, especially Genevieve in her beautiful baptism dress!!! I am so happy for her, that is the cutest thing "I did it, I'm baptized" man she is the purest, most sincere, wonderful girl in the world! My heart aches for not being there but everything looks like it turned out so well.

Another great week in Bell Gardens, a lot of changes, for sure! Mid-way through the week we got a call from the assistants to the president notifying us that our bebecita missionary, Sister Flake got her visa for Brazil and that she would be flying out on Monday. So this morning our little birdy, flew away to Brazil! But its okay because I will be training a new little birdy!! :) We got transfer calls last night and Sister Evans is leaving, while I am staying and training a brand new missionary! I am anxious for the next transfer but excited all at the same time. I still feel new at missionary work although I have been doing it for 6 months now. I have complete trust in the Lord and his plans for this area.
Us and Hermana Reyna at the Relief Society Christmas dinner :)
I am so excited for the amazing things that are happening in this area, Norma, is getting closer and closer to baptism on December 20th! On Saturday night, we had a Christmas Relief Society dinner  and she went and loved it! It was so beautiful! The hermanas made like all different kinds of soups, with bread and salad for dinner and at the end they had a beautiful spiritual thought where they took us into the RS room, where the lights were turned off except for some Christmas lights they had lit around the room and they had different Hnas dressed as women who lived during Christ's time on the earth and they all gave testimonies of Christ as if they were the women who witnessed Christ, like Mary, Martha, the mother of Joseph, Elizabeth and the inn keepers wife. It was so cool! Norma really enjoyed it and she met a lot of new people!
Sister Flake and I matched, completely on accident!
 
Picture of some of the Christmas lights at the LA temple, when we went to drop Sister Flake at the mission office
 
I have gained a stronger testimony of prayer this week!! I know that God really does answer prayers, whether they are small and simple things, or bigger issues in our lives. On Friday we were walking when I realized I had misplaced my planner somewhere along the way. I lost my other planner the transfer before so I wasn't going to let this one be lost forever! So as soon as I realized it was missing, we retraced our steps, (which is hard as a missionary, because you walk everywhere) and stopped by the members who we ate dinner with, our apartment, we looked all along the street with no luck. I went home that night pretty bummed, especially because it was nearing the end of the transfer and the planner had all the information of potentials, investigators, and basically the record of my whole entire transfer here. I prayed hard that night for my planner to be found by some chance/miracle. The next morning we decided to try one other place where we had been the day before to look for it, so before we left the car we said a simple prayer, asking for my planner to be found, still in tact. We get out of the car and start looking, and not even 10 seconds later, Sister Flake gasps and runs to the sidewalk and there is my planner, in a corner of the sidewalk, perfectly in tact and whole. What a great tender mercy! I know that Heavenly Father knows how much that meant to me, although it was small, I know for a fact that He led us to that place to find it at that time, completely fine. Its has been amazing to see how prayer has blessed the lives of our investigators, when they pray they feel the difference, their faith in God and His influence in our life grows and their love and relationship with Him is strengthened. I also know that no one can receive spiritual truths without prayer. All truth comes from God and he gives us that witness of what is true through feelings and impressions from the Holy Ghost. I know that God is so aware of every single one of us and what we need. "And whatsoever thing ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given you." 3 Nephi 18:20
I do know that it does take effort on our part, and answers to prayers do not always come right away. "As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God, then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part. Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship." (Prayer-Bible Dictionary)
Prayer works! If you haven't tried it, I invite you to! I promise that you will more peace, more direction and more joy in your daily life. 
I love you fam! I will update you on my trainee this week, once I meet her! :) I hope you all have a wonderful week and I will talk to you soon!
Can't wait to skype on Christmas! Xoxoxoxo
Love, 
Hermana Abreu

No comments:

Post a Comment