Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's because of Christ!

Happy Holidays Mom! So happy to hear about all that's happening! I seriously can't even believe that Riley is coming home! Send him my love at the airport on Wednesday :) 

My week has been another busy one! My new companion is Sister Morrison, she's from Springville, Utah with a family of 6 as well, you can tell she loves them a lot!!! She is fresh from the MTC and is green as it gets hehehe it's weird not being the new one. She is so sweet! She struggles a bit with Spanish but is working hard to get it down! I wish I could say I know how that feels, the blessing of growing up speaking Spanish! I admire all the missionaries that have to go out and learn a completely foreign language, I have witnessed the gift of tongues with my companions! 
Bell Gardens is doing well, Christmas is everywhere with lights all around! We haven't tried it yet, but we want to try the caroling tactic for proselyting and just start caroling for people and then having lessons on the spot. I think it will open people's hearts a bit :) We've been losing contact with a good amount of our investigators due to the holidays and things but we shall hopefully get in touch with them all soon! Praying for a white Christmas this year! ;) (baptism jumpsuits)
 I don't have too much time today but I just wanted to let you know that I love you all so much! I am just so filled with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for being able to be on a mission, as different as it is from any normal Christmas, it's cool to be able to take a step back from the gifts, and the decorations etc. and remember why we celebrate. Our Savior was born! And oh what a sad sad world it would be if we couldn't repent, or have a second chance, or say I'm sorry or feel any type of joy! It's because of Christ that we can be joyous and celebrate this time of year!!! 
   "10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
(Luke 2)
I hope that your week is extra joyful!!!!! Love you times a million! Have a wonderful week <3
-Hermana Abreu

No comments:

Post a Comment