Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy Columbus Day!

Happy Colombus Day! Haha :) How have you all been? 
What a week filled with miracles and tender mercies!!!
This week started with going to the Visitors Center with our investigator, Doreen! It was so powerful to be there. It was just what she needed, when we were there she said she felt so impressed to really start reading the Book of Mormon and wants to get baptized!!!! However, really the only thing stopping her is that she works on Sunday :( We were in the car on the way to Santa Monica for a really long time but that's okay because Doreen and I bonded. :) 
In front of the LA temple with Doreen
 
This week we had to hand many people back to the Lord (which basically means we let them have a little bit more time before they start learning more.) But the Lord has blessed us with so many prepared people in return!!!! We set a new baptismal date with a man named Toby. He is so prepared and super awesome. And remember the family I told you about last week? They are so prepared! They have a younger daughter who has cancer, named Karla. We met with them this week and when we did, we found out it was her birthday that day. We brought her a little gift and she was so excited!!! You can tell that her mother cares a lot about her family and you can tell that they are excited to learn more. I can just picture them at the temple all in white! Every time we visit them, they gather all together to hear the lesson and all of them are so attentive! They also have a young daughter who is two years old, she is so cute! This Sunday we had stake conference and right after, we actually had a baptism! There is a young girl in the ward who had to get re-baptized because they couldn't find her records. It was technically my second convert baptism. :) Sister Evans and I did a musical number!
Sister Evans and I with Itzia 
@ the baptism

 
We also had zone training meeting, and it was really inspiring. Our zone leaders did a role-play that was hilarious. During the meeting we had talked about how as missionaries we are never alone, we always have angels round about us to lift us up. In the role-play, there were two elders talking to someone on the street, and the zone leaders acted as angels pumping up the missionaries. It was so great! It was just the boost that we needed to go out and find those who are prepared. Hahaha 
On Monday, we the sister missionaries hosted a family home evening all about missionary work! A lot of members showed up and they all practiced having gospel conversations. I love the bell Gardens ward! After the Noche de Hogar there were refreshments. The family home evening also celebrating the birthdays in the ward for October. So we had cupcakes, posole, and any other Mexican food you could think of. :) I am definitely starting to feel more at home in the ward!
This weekend we also had a mini missionary with us for the weekend!!! Her name is Gabby and she is so sweet! She was such a trooper the whole weekend, because on Saturday we didn't have too many set lessons. It also happened to be one of the hottest days in the week! We basically biked all over bell Gardens but she was happy and positive the whole day.
Raspados (snow cones) with our mini missionary :)
 
This week Sister Evans and I have definitely learned a lesson about enduring to the end. Although we had some disappointments, the Lord provided us with many miracles. I know that this is His work and that there really are angels all around us, supporting us, and lifting us up whenever I feel that I can't carry on. I know at the Atonement is real and and that Jesus Christ is always there to lift us up. My ponderizing scripture this week is in Alma 5:60 "And now I say unto you that the good shepherd doth call after you; and if you will hearken unto his voice he will bring you into his fold, and ye are his sheep; and he commandeth you that ye suffer no ravenous wolf to enter among you, that ye may not be destroyed." 
I love you so much family! And I am so glad that everyone is doing well! Tell Noah Congratulations for me!!!! Australia Brisbane mission!!!! That is so awesome, I know he's going to be a fantastic missionary. I am also glad that he will be able to see Riley again again before he leaves. :)
Thank you so much for your continual prayers and support. I can feel your love all the way over here in Los Angeles California. I hope you all have a beautiful week. I invite you to notice the tender mercies from the Lord every single day. I can promise that you will find more joy, and see God's hand in your life more abundantly. I love you so much!!!
Love, 
Hermana Abreu
Arroz con leche on exchanges with Hermana Perez and a member named Elmer :)

Sister Evans and I with the Medina family's puppies <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment