Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Finally fall in California!

Hey mom! I am doing really well!!
Sister Evans and I with these mango paletas....I am not a huge fan of the mexican way to have it with chamoy and tajin bleh haha so I just had it plain 

Another week has passed, filled with miracles! I would have to say one of the greatest miracles that has occurred has been the cooler weather this past week haha it makes biking around a lot more enjoyable and less tiring. It really is finally fall in California! Sister Evans and I decorated our apartment with all the Halloween supplies you sent me! Sister Evans' mom also sent her some Halloween goodies :) Thank you so much for the package! It made my week!!!
A goal of ours as a mission that I have mentioned before is to try to get 20 meaningful gospel conversations every day. These past few weeks in the transfer we haven't been reaching that goal and so we decided that we were going to make it a priority and we knew that if we did, Heavenly Father would provide us with new, prepared people to teach. So that is what we did! By talking to everyone, we have found so many prepared people and set a new baptismal date with a guy named Edgar just a couple of days after we met him on the street!!! There really is no way to describe the feelings you have when you extend a baptismal invitation and they accept, you know that they are one step closer to returning to live with our Heavenly Father!! We have another new investigator, who I had actually met at the beginning of the transfer on exchanges when I was Sister Franks. The chain of my bike had actually come off and when I fixed it, my hands were all dirty and greasy but then a man out of no where comes and has baby wipes for me to clean my hands.We thanked him and asked him if we could come by to share more of our message. He seemed a bit skeptical but accepted. We called him our baby wipes hero! Haha Recently we finally got to have a lesson with him and his wife, and he is so kind and really has a great interest. It is so cool to know that there are people passing by us every single day and they are in need of the gospel. It is amazing how my weaknesses (biking ;) ) has become a strength, I have been able to overcome and learn so much about the strength that I have, or really, the strength that I have been given as I have humbled myself and accepted the Lord's will for me and where I need to be. My ponderizing scripture of the week is: "And now, O my son (daughter) Helaman (Sister Abreu), behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." ( Alma 36:3) What a comforting scripture! Missionary work is so real and God is in every single aspect of it. That I have a strong testimony of. It is the last week of the transfer and boy has it gone fast, there is no telling if I'll stay or go if Sister Evans stay or goes but I have so much faith that the Lord will keep me or put me, where I need to be!

I actually had a dream the other night, that I was home from my mission, it felt so real! In the dream, it was as if I had never left. That morning I was also reading in Alma, and it is the chapter where Ammon and Alma are reunited after being separated for a really long time it reads "Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth.
Now was not this exceeding joy?..." Alma 27:16-17. I thought of our being reunited after the mission and that is exactly how I picture it. :)

I love you and pray for your well-being and the well-being of everyone at home!!! I can just picture the leaves falling everywhere in NC. Have a great week!!! Have fun at Renaissance festival with Ringa, I am looking forward to those pictures! Have the babies had their fall festival yet? I remember going with them last year <3 Love love love you! Talk to you soon!
Love, Hermana Abreu

Me and Sis. Evans having some lunch before we head out for the day!!
 
The other day my favorite family, The Cordovas took us out to lunch at some pescador place :P bleh haha luckily there was also mexican food! Hermano Cordovas and I bonded because he is not a fan of fish either, we laughed about how we always stick with what we like. It was so cool too because he told us stories about when he would go on trips as a member of the seventy and his experiences with other brethren and especially with President  Uchdorf! So COOL!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment